[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Robertson's Greek Grammar

On Fri, 22 Apr 1994, Tina S. Lau wrote:

> I read somewhere several years ago (can't remember where!) that
> Robertson's grammar was obsolete and had been superseded by
> Blass-Debrunner.  I have both of them and have read all of Robertson's,
> but have only referred to Blass-Debrunner.  Any opinions out there?
>
> Tina S. Lau
> Technical Services Librarian
> Cuesta College Library
> San Luis Obispo, CA 93403-8106
> (805)546-3117
> tlau@eis.calstate.edu

I have been out of the loop in NT studies for some years, but I remember
always finding Blass/DeBrunner much more useful than Robertson for many
reasons, one of the chief of which was its managability!  I had a
seminary professor who said that they had no need for Robertson's grammar
around his house now that his children were grown.  It's chief role had
been that of a booster seat to help the kids reach the table!  :-)

"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."
--Groucho Marx

Prof. James F. Sennett
Asst. Professor of Philosophy         sennett@goliath.pbac.edu
Palm Beach Atlantic College                    andretg@aol.com
PO Box 24708                             voice: (407) 835-4431
West Palm Beach, FL  33416-4708            fax: (407) 835-4342