[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Luke and Matthew

Uh, Carl, I think that I'll take door number 2 (with a little oral Quellen
and maybe Mark thrown in)!  Especially since Luke says:

"Since many have undertaken to set down an orderly account of the events
(note: this sounds like literary sources to me) that have been fulfilled
among us, just as they were handed on to us by those who from the beginning
were eyewitnesses and servants of the word (note2: this sounds like oral
sources to me), I too decided, after investigating everything carefully
from the very first, to write an orderly account (note3: another literary
source) for you, most excellent Theophilus, so that you may know the truth
concerning the things about which you have been instructed (note4: again,
an oral source!)."   (Luke 1:1-4)

Sounds to me like Luke had an agenda for writing (perhaps with some
alterations) what he had heard and read.  Maybe his agenda explains the
difference between Luke and Matthew and Mark?

Leo Percer
PERCERL@BAYLOR.EDU