[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Q and Papias

I have noticed a problem creeping into our discussions that I would like
to issue a caveat on, as I did towards the beginning of this thread.  It
is not the "Q Hypothesis", it is the 2 Source Hypothesis.  Discussing the
nature of Q stands alone, as does discussing the priority of Mark.  It is
only when we posit a Q and Marcan priority as the ultimate sources for
Matthew and Luke that we have the 2 Source Hypothesis, and it is this
conjunction of issues that some of us take exception to.  Rejecting this
explanation does not entail rejecting Q, or necessarily even in rejecting
Marcan priority.  We need to tread very carefully, and be very aware of
what we are discussing if this thread will bear any useful fruit.

-Larry Swain
Parmly Billings Library
lswain@billings.lib.mt.us