[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Q and Papias

On Tue, 1 Nov 1994, Gregory Jordan (ENG) wrote:

> There is a difference between deliberately limiting one's manner and
> content of speaking, on the one hand, and deliberately misleading others
> by false pretenses, on the other hand.  I think we can all play with all our
> cards on the table, with all our different hands, and still play by the
> same rules.  Or not?  It seems to me the alternative is aimless and
> endless argument to no constructive purpose.

I deem this a noble statement. I would not want to participate in this
list if I didn't believe this was the fundamental spirit of the list. And
surely this doesn't mean that irony and humor have no part in the
exchanges; it does mean that we care about the truth as we can discern it
and that ulterior motives don't govern our saying what we think. Am I
misreading you, Greg?

Carl W. Conrad
One Brookings Drive, St. Louis, MO 63130, USA
(314) 935-4018

Follow-Ups: References: