Re: rendering greek letters and accents

>On Wed, 30 Nov 1994 Carl Conrad wrote:
>There is, to be sure, a standard called "TLG Beta Code"
>which involves using open- and close-parentheses for smooth and rough
>breathings, left- and right- slash-marks for acute and grave accents
>(before the vowel in question), a standard correspondence list for the
>alphabetic characters, etc. Occasionally we post that system on this
>list, but it is readily available at the TLG gopher site, the e-address
>of which escapes me, but I suspect Ted Brunner will post that when he
>sees your message or my reply.

Gotcha, Carl.  Basic information about the TLG CD ROM, its cost, software
available for use with it, etc. can be obtained by gophering to the
University of California-Irvine, from there to Departmental Information
Sources, and from there to Thesaurus Linguae Graecae.  Coding information
is found in the folder entitled Beta Code Summary.
Ted Brunner
 Theodore F. Brunner, Director              Phone:    (714) 824-7031
 Thesaurus Linguae Graecae                  FAX:      (714) 824-8434
 University of California Irvine
 Irvine, CA 92717-5550 USA                  E-Mail:   TBRUNNER@UCI.EDU