b-greek-digest V1 #698

b-greek-digest               Monday, 8 May 1995         Volume 01 : Number 698

In this issue:

        Historical Present/Semitic Influence

From: craig@tmh.chattanooga.net
Date: Sun, 07 May 1995 21:38:11 EST4
Subject: Historical Present/Semitic Influence

 p > Does Semitic influence mean that the "historical" present verbs are
  p > scattered around indescriminately? Do they now function differently in
  p > Mark than in Greek writings without Semitic influence? Or do they
  p > function the same way that the waw-consecutive does in Hebrew? If the
  p > answer to any of these is positive, I (being negative) still think we
  p > not have a clear idea of how these narrative present verbs function
 I was simply offering some suggestions. I do not claim to understand how the
 H.P. functions.  Did you read the book I suggested?
  (I am
  p > no Hebrew scholar, but I have not seen an explanation of the
  p > "waw-consecutive" that is particularly satisfying either).
 The function of the "waw-consecutive" is clear. An "explanation" of its
 genesis is not at all clear, but neither is it necessary for descriptive
   L. R. MARTIN                          E-Mail: LRMARTIN@TMH.CHATTANOOGA.NET
   4038 John Court, NW                            Phone (voice): 615-559-2044
   Cleveland, TN 37312                                      FAX: 615-478-7711
             BR'SHYT BR' 'LHYM. . . .       EN ARXH HN O LOGOS. . . .
 --- PPoint 1.92
  * Origin:  (8:2077/6504)
 SEEN-BY: 2077/0 10 6504
 PATH: 2077/6504 0

 The Missions Helpline * Give glory to God! * Cleveland,TN

End of b-greek-digest V1 #698

To unsubscribe from this list write