[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

b-greek-digest V1 #835

b-greek-digest             Friday, 25 August 1995       Volume 01 : Number 835

In this issue:

        Re: Word processing and Greek/Hebrew
        Re: Word processing and Greek/Hebrew
        Re: Word processing and Greek/Hebrew
        Re: Word processing and Greek/Hebrew
        RE:Word processing and Greek/Hebrew
        Computers
        Re: Ant 18.22 question
        Re: Computers
        Re: Word processing and Greek/Hebrew
        translation of "melle"
        Word Processing
        Re: Computers
        Greek & Hebrew Word Processing
        Re: Computers
        Word processing and Greek/Heb
        FAQ on NT greek grammars and dictionaries
        Re: Computers
        Re: Greek & Hebrew Word Processing
        Re: translation of "melle"

From: Ken Penner <kpenner@mail.unixg.ubc.ca>
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 1995 23:45:47 -0800
Subject: Re: Word processing and Greek/Hebrew

On 24 Aug 95 at 16:58, Kenneth Litwak wrote:

>   I wonder if someone can give me information on a relatively
> low-cost way to be able to do word processing that includes
> Greek and Hebrew script.  I currently have DOS and Windows 3.1

I use Silver Mountain Software's shareware Greek, Hebrew, and Latin
fonts; the set costs $20 and is available on the web at

http://rampages.onramp.net/~jbaima/
(email:jbaima@onramp.net)

The keyboard layouts closely resemble the TLG and the
Michigan-Claremont-Westminster standards, which is why I chose them
for use with my vocabulary software, Flash!.

>  and Wordperfect 6.0.

Unfortunately, I hear that WP6.0 has a defect which will not allow
it to use the Silver TrueType fonts; you can still use the
supplied Type 1 fonts if you have Adobe Type Manager.

Other font options include WinGreek, which has a nice appearance. I
know less about it because I don't use it myself.

Ken Penner
Regent College, Vancouver
kpenner@unixg.ubc.ca
New Home page location: http://netshop.net/~wardle/kpenner.htm