From: "Robert W. Ginn" <rginn@creighton.edu>
Date: Sat, 16 Sep 1995 13:46:40 -0500 (CDT)
Subject: Re: Original Biblical Audience (fwd)

Date: Sat, 16 Sep 1995 13:36:28 -0500
From: Robert W. Ginn <rginn@creighton.edu>
Newgroups: soc.religion.christian.bible-study
Subject: Re: Original Biblical Audience

I am doing research on the original biblical audience's preference of
metaphor over "historical truth;" concrete v. abstract thinking.  Please
e-mail any information regarding relevant books or articles to
JHendrix@aol.com.  The research will likely involve "psychological

From: Micheal Palmer <mpalmes@email.unc.edu>
Date: Sat, 16 Sep 1995 21:40:01 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Re: B-GRK Q? Black 1988

On Tue, 12 Sep 1995, Tim McLay wrote:

> I was introduced to some linguistic concepts by a participant on this list
> while at seminary, and did my reading from there.  I will be using Black's
> book for 2nd year Greek this year.  I would not be surprised if others
> are doing it.  There are of course a number of good tools for Greek, unlike
> Hebrew.  (eg. Silva's: Lexical semantics, Louw's: Semantics of Biblical
> Greek; Nida & Louw: Style and Discourse, with special refererence to NT
> Greek).

I would like to add that the little book _Lexical Semantics of the Greek
New Testament_ by Nida and Louw is quite well adapted to classroom use. I am
using it this year in a third-year Greek class.

Micheal W. Palmer
Greek and New Testament
Bluefield College
Bluefield, Virginia