From: "Carl W. Conrad" <cwconrad@artsci.wustl.edu>
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 1996 07:15:23 -0600
Subject: Re: subscribe

On 2/12/96, Sherry Kull wrote:

> I'd like to subscribe to b-greek.  Is this the right address to do so?

Here's the instructions (your message must go to <majordomo@viriginia.edu>

   You may subscribe by sending an e-mail message to

   with the following request as the text of the message.

   If you want to subscribe to only a digested version of the
   list, then give the command

   You can be subscribed to both the immediate version and the
   digested version of the list at the same time.

   This, the 'SUBSCRIBE ...,' must be part of the message; the subject
   line will be ignored. If you must request a subscription to a
   different address than your own return address you can give
   the command:
      SUBSCRIBE B-GREEK <address>
   but this requires operator intervention, and is therefore
   *not* appreciated.

We'll look for your posts to the list!

Cheers, cwc

Carl W. Conrad
(314) 935-4018

From: mfox@ms.rose.cc.ok.us
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 96 8:19:12 CST
Subject: 1 Tim 1:18 and Prophecy

Marion Fox here:

Al Collver stated:

I have been studying 1 Tim. Chapter 1 verse 18 is puzzling to me especially
the middle part of the verse:
	kata tas proagousas epi se profhteias ----> according to the prophecy
you from before hand
What is this prophecy St. Paul is referring to? Is there another way to
translate the text that doesn't have this problem?
Al Collver

Marion here:  It seems that this could be translated as "for prophecies'
sake."  He had the laying on of the hands of Paul to make him a prophet (II
Timothy 1:6).

Marion R. Fox
Engineering Science Department
Rose State College
6420 SE 15th Street
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma 73110

4004 Twisted Trail Dr. SE
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma 73150-1910

E-mail MFox@ms.rose.cc.ok.us

Voice 405-733-7594 Home 405-732-1050

From: GSHOGREN@shrsys.hslc.org
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 1996 16:13:05 -0500 (EST)
Subject: Prophecy Paper

I've gotten about 10 requests for my paper on prophecy in the
second century church.  I'm happy to get copies out, but you'll
need to send me your snail-mail addresses - otherwise the
Greek gets lost in the translation.

Gary S. Shogren
Associate Professor of New Testament
Biblical Theological Seminary, Hatfield PA
Fax  215-368-7002
email gshogren@hslc.org

End of b-greek-digest V1 #114

To unsubscribe from this list write