Search found 7 matches
Search found 7 matches • Page 1 of 1
- November 6th, 2019, 11:28 am
- Forum: Septuagint and Pseudepigrapha
- Topic: Christian 'corruption' of Psalms 14/53 to match Romans 3:10-18
- Replies: 17
- Views: 1282
Obviously, it's in Swete's Septuagint. Does anyone know if it's in the 1906 Brook-McLean Major "diplomatic" edition (based on Vaticanus)? Or is it in the critical Göttingen Septuagint? A few years ago I downloaded (from somewhere) the Brook-McLean edition for the "Octateuch" (994 pages long). I don...
- June 29th, 2019, 3:02 am
- Forum: Other
- Topic: Help with French commentary, please (yes, it's relevant to Greek
- Replies: 3
- Views: 17568
Forgot my password earlier. Perhaps this will be helpful: TOB: La Bible TOB : notes intégrales, traduction oecuménique P. Durand-Peyroles Cerf , Bibli'O , (novembre 2010) L'avis de La Procure (It is an event that this new 2010 edition of the translation ecumenical Bible ! whereas the previous editio...
- January 12th, 2019, 10:18 am
- Forum: Greek Language and Linguistics
- Topic: Modern Greek Translations of the Bible/New Testament
- Replies: 7
- Views: 7999
I use: 1st: The Holy Scriptures Translated from the Divine Original: (Iera Grammata Metaphrasthenta ek tön Theiön Archetupön) published & printed in Great Britain, London, (1950), without Foreword, Intro, or Preface; & this notice: "Dapanë tës Brettanikës Biblikës Hetaireias pros diadosin tou Theiou...
- January 12th, 2019, 8:17 am
- Forum: Church Fathers and Patristic Greek Texts
- Topic: Migne’s Patrologia Graeca OCR
- Replies: 6
- Views: 6496
https://www.roger-pearse.com/weblog/patrologia-graeca-pg-pdfs/ Patrologia Graeca (PG) PDF’s [Originally compiled by Rod Letchford] [More links: here; here] This page contains a list of links to volumes of the Patrologia Graeca (Patrologiae Cursus Completus. Series Graeca) available online in PDF for...
- February 26th, 2018, 12:26 pm
- Forum: Learning Paradigms
- Topic: Complete paradigms for all GNT verbs?
- Replies: 7
- Views: 11070
Wigram's Analytical Greek Lexicon is most useful, especially the Tables (Section 12 on the Verb Substantive), the Lexicon proper lists all the words in the GNT, thus a desired verb is defined to be of such and such form and conjugation. https://books.google.com/books?id=CgIOAAAAYAAJ&printsec=frontco...
- June 16th, 2017, 10:20 pm
- Forum: New Testament
- Topic: 1 Peter 1:15 κατὰ τὸν καλέσαντα ὑμᾶς ἅγιον
- Replies: 4
- Views: 1529
Meyer's Critical Commentary has this: (This may or may not help; at least I need the practice) Ver. 15-16. ἀλλὰ κατὰ τὸν καλέσαντα ὑμᾶς ἅγιον] Steiger: "this positive instruction, instead of forming a participial clause of its own , like the preceding (negative), is in animated discourse at once mer...
I believe Old Newbie is playing with us; he is concerned with the exaltation of the Word above the Name; how it is confused in the LXX and with others. The notion has been advocated at different times; most popularly by Bullinger. Below I tried to copy/paste the Greek and Hebrew , only the 1st from ...