2nd year Greek for middle/high schoolers

Resources and methods for teaching and learning New Testament Greek.
Barry Hofstetter

Re: 2nd year Greek for middle/high schoolers

Post by Barry Hofstetter »

Sam Parkinson wrote: August 30th, 2018, 8:17 am
Sorry to take things slightly off topic, but would you recommend the Colloquia for others as well, particularly those of us learning by ourselves? They look wonderful for extending your knowledge of Greek, but they are pretty pricey.
That's not off topic. I actually would. There is a free version of the Colloquia online, both volumes edited by Dickey as PDF's. All you have to do is sign up at Academia.edu and search under "Dickey Pseudodositheana I" and "Dickey Pseudodositheana II." She uploaded the texts herself, so there is no funny copyright business going on. If you don't have a free account with Academia, it's easy enough to sign up, and they actually are very good at bringing attention to papers uploaded by various scholars, based on your interests. And a lot of the papers are actually quite good or at least at a decent level of scholarly interaction.
N.E. Barry Hofstetter, M.A., Th.M.
Ph.D. Student U of FL
Instructor of Latin
Jack M. Barrack Hebrew Academy
καὶ σὺ τὸ σὸν ποιήσεις κἀγὼ τὸ ἐμόν. ἆρον τὸ σὸν καὶ ὕπαγε.
Sam Parkinson

Post by Sam Parkinson »

Barry Hofstetter wrote: August 30th, 2018, 7:57 pm
Sam Parkinson wrote: August 30th, 2018, 8:17 am
Sorry to take things slightly off topic, but would you recommend the Colloquia for others as well, particularly those of us learning by ourselves? They look wonderful for extending your knowledge of Greek, but they are pretty pricey.
That's not off topic. I actually would. There is a free version of the Colloquia online, both volumes edited by Dickey as PDF's. All you have to do is sign up at Academia.edu and search under "Dickey Pseudodositheana I" and "Dickey Pseudodositheana II."
I'm persuaded, and rather excited to get reading! Thanks.
Benjamin Kantor

Post by Benjamin Kantor »

I have produced over 10 short animated/cartoon videos in Koine Greek (biblical passages, early church fathers, koine greek novel, colloquia) that may be helpful for a child learning. My son is only 1 year old, so I cannot test them on him yet, but I would love to hear how a 5th grader does with them:

https://www.KaineDiatheke.com
For Koine Greek recordings and videos:

https://www.KoineGreek.com
Garrett Tyson

Post by Garrett Tyson »

beniamin wrote: September 17th, 2018, 4:04 pm I have produced over 10 short animated/cartoon videos in Koine Greek (biblical passages, early church fathers, koine greek novel, colloquia) that may be helpful for a child learning. My son is only 1 year old, so I cannot test them on him yet, but I would love to hear how a 5th grader does with them:

https://www.KaineDiatheke.com
They look really well done. I think they'd work better for someone who was learning Greek as a living language, and I'm not capable of teaching it that way. What I'd have to do with them, for them to get more out of it, would be to have them listen to the videos with the Bible open several times reading along, as they slowly got more and more of it.

Return to “Teaching and Learning Greek”