GlossaHouse Greek Resources

Textbooks, Graded Readers, Beginner Resources and links, Teaching aids, etc.
fredrick.long

GlossaHouse Greek Resources

Post by fredrick.long »

Hello, I just joined B-Greek, but I have been wanting to join for some time. I co-own GlossaHouse and we are producing a variety of resources for Greek instruction, from both conversational and translational perspectives. This past weekend I presented at SBL in the Greek Language and Linguistics section on "A Pragmatic accounting of Circumstantial Participles" summarizing and extending what I present in my Koine Greek Grammar: A Beginning-Intermediate Exegetical and Pragmatic Handbook (2015). My grammar and appendices (630 pages) has a complete Workbook and Answer Key (combined 544 pages). I introduce beginning Greek along side discourse features as presented in Stephen Levinsohn and Steve Runge, along with my marked/emphatic description as introduced in my Baylor Handbook Series on II Corinthians. I show the exegetical pay off for learning Greek in each chapter. I also incorporate over 50 ancient artifacts (manuscripts, coins, inscriptions, ancient art, cityscapes, etc.) to help contextualize Greek culture in the Roman era.

In addition to Koine Greek Grammar (KGG), GlossaHouse has produced Mark's Gospel typeset within Illustrations with narrative and speech bubbles--it is truly stunning! We have graded readers, including the Apostolic Fathers Greek Reader series (vol. 1 Ignatius; vol. 2 Didache/Barnabas, with three more volumes forthcoming).

Please visit www.glossahouse.com and I would be glad to answer any questions you might have about my KGG or any of our other resources.

Fred Long
Jason Hare

Re: GlossaHouse Greek Resources

Post by Jason Hare »

fredrick.long wrote:Hello, I just joined B-Greek, but I have been wanting to join for some time. I co-own GlossaHouse and we are producing a variety of resources for Greek instruction, from both conversational and translational perspectives. This past weekend I presented at SBL in the Greek Language and Linguistics section on "A Pragmatic accounting of Circumstantial Participles" summarizing and extending what I present in my Koine Greek Grammar: A Beginning-Intermediate Exegetical and Pragmatic Handbook (2015). My grammar and appendices (630 pages) has a complete Workbook and Answer Key (combined 544 pages). I introduce beginning Greek along side discourse features as presented in Stephen Levinsohn and Steve Runge, along with my marked/emphatic description as introduced in my Baylor Handbook Series on II Corinthians. I show the exegetical pay off for learning Greek in each chapter. I also incorporate over 50 ancient artifacts (manuscripts, coins, inscriptions, ancient art, cityscapes, etc.) to help contextualize Greek culture in the Roman era.

In addition to Koine Greek Grammar (KGG), GlossaHouse has produced Mark's Gospel typeset within Illustrations with narrative and speech bubbles--it is truly stunning! We have graded readers, including the Apostolic Fathers Greek Reader series (vol. 1 Ignatius; vol. 2 Didache/Barnabas, with three more volumes forthcoming).

Please visit http://www.glossahouse.com and I would be glad to answer any questions you might have about my KGG or any of our other resources.

Fred Long
Hi, Fred.

Welcome to B-Greek. May your endeavors be successful and the world of Greek studies improved by them. :)

Regards,
Jason
Jason A. Hare
The Hebrew Café
Tel Aviv, Israel
Jason Hare

Post by Jason Hare »

Hi, Fred. I see you work on that site with Michael Halcomb. It looks like there are a lot of resources there. Very impressive.

I'm interested in the volume on Barnabas and the Didache. Could you post an image of a typical page so that we can get an idea of the typesetting and page layout? I'm considering purchasing this volume.

Thanks!

Jason
Jason A. Hare
The Hebrew Café
Tel Aviv, Israel
fredrick.long

Post by fredrick.long »

Hi Jason,

Thanks for your comments. Here are pp.11-12 of the Didache. This is on sale currently on our website. We are excited for the next three volumes to come out possibly in the next half year. What makes these volumes nice is their size and that they can give one a break from screen fatigue. Many of our doctoral students have a text portion of their comprehensive exam from the Apostolic Fathers, and so these readers help.

Blessings,

Fred
Attachments
Didache-Barnabas pp.11-12.png
Didache-Barnabas pp.11-12.png (480.31 KiB) Viewed 2691 times

Return to “Resources”