Funk’s Grammar for sale

RDecker

Funk’s Grammar for sale

Post by RDecker »

I have recently come in contact with a party that has a complete set of Funk’s Grammar they would like to sell and have agreed to help them do so (knowing that there were likely folks here on b-greek that would be interested).

Funk, Robert W. A Beginning-Intermediate Grammar of Hellenistic Greek. 3 vols. 2d, corrected ed. Missoula, Mont.: SBL, 1973.

Sturdily bound in black cloth (originally the spiral bound edition), still includes the original part title pages throughout on heavier stock. Very good condition, pages clean with no markings, no bent corners. Would be judged “excellent condition” except that it is a former library copy, so has library markings on the covers (shelf label and bar code) and in the front matter (library stamp and cataloging notes). It appears to be essentially unused.

Anyone who has followed b-greek for very long has heard comments on the value of this work and is probably also aware that there is a project to put the contents online here at b-greek (a project begun, long dormant, with some signs of renewed interest this past year, but not yet complete so far as I know). Copies are scarce; I hunted for several years before finding mine (and then I had to settle for a set in which one volume was badly tattered with broken binding; I’d swap for this set if I didn’t have my own hi-lights and notes in my copy). There are a few copies of individual vols. that can be found for sale online currently (with prices for spiral bound eds. running between $30 and $100 *per vol.*), but only 2 complete sets when I checked the other day, both spiral bound and with damage. Set prices ranged from $100 to $300.

This hardback set is being made available for $150 + shipping (US only).

Anyone interested may contact me here: http://ntresources.com/blog/?page_id=942

(If I get multiple responses the same day, we may have to have a drawing or bids.)

<quote>
P.S. Jonathan Robie gave me permission to post this (per B-Greek policy, you must ask before posting an advertisement).
</quote>
Rodney J. Decker
Prof/NT
Baptist Bible Seminary
Clarks Summit, PA
(See profile for my NTResources blog address.)

Return to “Grammars”