Tip for getting plain-text to LSJ definitions faster

Bible Study software, Unicode, Fonts, Keyboards, creating Web pages in Greek, and other software issues.
Stephen Hughes

Tip for getting plain-text to LSJ definitions faster

Post by Stephen Hughes »

If you have a text written in Unicode (or some other formats), and want to look up words in LSJ, rather than manually looking up each word, you can cut and paste it into this Hopperizer (hyper-link-to-LSJ-erizer to be more descriptive). Press link-only. The words will become hyperlinks. Click on them and grammatical and dictionary information will come up in the right half of the screen.

προσεχέτω χρήστης: As with any short-cut to satisfaction or happiness, I suggest that this tip be used sparingly and in a prudent and self-controlled manner.
Γελᾷ δ' ὁ μωρός, κἄν τι μὴ γέλοιον ᾖ
(Menander, Γνῶμαι μονόστιχοι 108)
Paul-Nitz

Re: Tip for getting plain-text to LSJ definitions faster

Post by Paul-Nitz »

I use the Hopperizer frequently. Great tool. I also use it times for spell checking. I have had trouble with glitches in the LibreOffice Ancient Greek Spellchecker and can't get them sorted out.
Paul D. Nitz - Lilongwe Malawi
Stephen Hughes

Re: Tip for getting plain-text to LSJ definitions faster

Post by Stephen Hughes »

Paul Nitz wrote:I use the Hopperizer frequently.
I have the impression that the Hopperizer is finite and static - rather than individually analysing forms according to algorithms, it simply looks them up from an enormous pre-prepared list. Is that true.
Γελᾷ δ' ὁ μωρός, κἄν τι μὴ γέλοιον ᾖ
(Menander, Γνῶμαι μονόστιχοι 108)

Return to “Software”