Accordance & Diogenes on El Capitan

Bible Study software, Unicode, Fonts, Keyboards, creating Web pages in Greek, and other software issues.
Stirling Bartholomew

Accordance & Diogenes on El Capitan

Post by Stirling Bartholomew »

I just migrated from Lion to El Capitan. Accordance 9 still works.

Diogenes (version 3.2.0) on the other hand has some issues. I manged to get it limping along but it is flaky.
C. Stirling Bartholomew
Stirling Bartholomew

Re: Accordance & Diogenes on El Capitan

Post by Stirling Bartholomew »

Diogenes (version 3.2.0) on the other hand has some known issues.

Quote from the developers website: http://community.dur.ac.uk/p.j.heslin/S ... wnload.php
The first time Diogenes runs, it will ask you to install Java, if it is not already installed. (This is an unfortunate side-effect of the dependency on Mozilla; Diogenes does not make any use of Java.) So you will have to install Java for OS X.

There is still a problem where the application launches and shows only the menubar at the top of the screen. To make the main window appear, hit Command-B and then dismiss the "About" window.
The JAVA issue seems to be one of installing an old version. I don't understand that but you don't need to understand, just follow the instructions and links given when you first launch Diogenes.

I had other issues not mentioned here. On several occasions when I first opened Diogenes the selection pull down menus on the search page which allow you to select the corpus and the type of search would not function. After fooling around with it eventually I ended up with a fully functional search page. I wasn't able to reconstruct the error but I am reporting it so people will not just give up if they find themselves in this scenario. Try opening a new window or quitting the application and relaunching. I am currently having no trouble with it.
C. Stirling Bartholomew

Return to “Software”