Question about a reading in the NA28 Apparatus

Anything related to Biblical Greek that doesn't fit into the other forums.
PhillipLebsack

Question about a reading in the NA28 Apparatus

Post by PhillipLebsack » April 12th, 2018, 10:51 am

Hello.

I'm kind of new to using the NA28's apparatus so I may be wrong about this, but in the apparatus at John 7:8 there is a variant reading from the main text (οὔπω) which is from P66. However, there is a solid vertical line separating another variant from P66 listed (οὐδέπω)...

I'm really confused. P66 only has οὔπω. Why are there two different readings listed? Where does οὐδέπω come from?

I would really appreciate anyone's help on this.

Thanks in advance.

Stirling Bartholomew

Re: Question about a reading in the NA28 Apparatus

Post by Stirling Bartholomew » April 12th, 2018, 3:24 pm

PhillipLebsack wrote:
April 12th, 2018, 10:51 am
Hello.

I'm kind of new to using the NA28's apparatus so I may be wrong about this, but in the apparatus at John 7:8 there is a variant reading from the main text (οὔπω) which is from P66. However, there is a solid vertical line separating another variant from P66 listed (οὐδέπω)...

I'm really confused. P66 only has οὔπω. Why are there two different readings listed? Where does οὐδέπω come from?

I would really appreciate anyone's help on this.

Thanks in advance.
I checked Ruben Swanson first, then dusted off NA27 large-print. The word under consideration appears twice in John 7:8. In the second occurrence P66 reads οὐδέπω. In NA27 the second occurrence falls across a page break so that the apparatus is split between pages. The solid vertical line doesn't appear because of the page break.
C. Stirling Bartholomew