Creating Open Biblical Language Resources
Saturday, 7:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. November 23rd
Manchester Grand Hyatt San Diego
The Nautical Room (3rd Floor, Harbor Tower)
The Copenhagen Alliance for Open Biblical Language Resources (http://copenhagen-alliance.org/) is a diverse coalition of organizations, institutions, and individuals with a common interest in making biblical language data free and openly accessible to anyone for research, language learning, translation, and other uses.
We want to see scholars, researchers, programmers, and the translation community cooperate to make high-quality resources for biblical languages freely available in ways that will benefit all of these communities. We want to encourage data creators to freely license their work and make it available.
We will discuss at least the following topics:
1. Scripture Burrito - packaging for Scripture projects
2. Scripture Reference Working Group - getting verse references to align across translations in DBL and other repositories
3. Openly Licensed Enhanced Resources - more open formats, extensibility, openly licensed resources
4. What freely-licensed Greek text should we use for Enhanced Resources in the coming year?
5. Ron Moe's Greek lexicon - a new Greek lexicon based on semantic domains. Progress report and request for specific kinds of help.
6. Freeing the Westminster Hebrew Morphology and the Westminster Hebrew Syntax -the Groves Center is presenting a talk at SBL announcing their plans to license this under a Creative Commons license (non-commercial, no derivatives).
Anything related to Biblical Greek that doesn't fit into the other forums.
1 post • Page 1 of 1
ἐξίσταντο δὲ πάντες καὶ διηποροῦντο, ἄλλος πρὸς ἄλλον λέγοντες, τί θέλει τοῦτο εἶναι;