χαίρετε

Please introduce yourself here, if you haven't already.
mhagedon

χαίρετε

Post by mhagedon »

Hello B-Greek,
My name is Mike and I'm an occasional lurker here. I'd like to get more involved, and I figure introducing myself would be a good way to start that. I actually posted once or twice back in the email list days...

My special interest is in communicative approaches to teaching and learning Greek. I don't have much Greek teaching experience (some informal; I'm a programmer by trade), but I'm hoping to teach a class at my church soon. I've been studying Greek for about 15 years, including NT & LXX in undergrad, and I've spent some time with Homer, Hesiod, Herodotus, Xenophon, and others during my later pursuit of an MA in classical philology. More recently I've nearly finished going through Randall Buth's Living Koine Greek series (thank you!), and I'm currently taking my first communicative Greek class from Michael Halcomb of the Conversational Koine Institute (which has been awesome!). It may be obvious that I really wish I could attend the SBL Applied Linguistics for Biblical Languages Seminar next month...

I'm also interested in textual criticism, papyrology, Josephus (though I'm woefully underprepared to discuss them!), and really just about anything having to do with ancient Greek. :-)

ερρωσθε,
Μιχαήλ
Mike Hagedon (Μιχαήλ)

Return to “Introductions”