from Doris (Northern) California

Please introduce yourself here, if you haven't already.
AnC

from Doris (Northern) California

Post by AnC »

Hi B-Greek Geeks! I may have been a member before way back when B-Greek was a listserv. I'm intermediate, past novice but not anywhere near fluent, recognize letters and words but not tenses or endings. I learned the alphabet from a couple who gave a class years ago at Calvary Chapel Albuquerque and have been playing with Koine since then - and had first learned about it when as a teen listening to Bob Thieme of Berachah Church. My current favorite resource is the free online interlinear bible at Biblehub.com I was homeschooling 3 kids and they finally graduated and moved away so I have more time to devote to reading the new testament in its original language - I also do a novice dabble in Hebrew for the Old Testament.
Angela Clements John 3:16
Jonathan Robie

Re: from Doris (Northern) California

Post by Jonathan Robie »

Welcome, Doris!

A little housekeeping:

1. To post, you need to follow the user name policy. If you follow the instructions in that link, I will change your name so you can continue to post.

2. In B-Greek, we usually think of intermediates as people who have a pretty good grasp of tenses and endings and verbs and all that, so we'll ask you to post in the beginner's section.

Welcome back to B-Greek!
ἐξίσταντο δὲ πάντες καὶ διηποροῦντο, ἄλλος πρὸς ἄλλον λέγοντες, τί θέλει τοῦτο εἶναι;
http://jonathanrobie.biblicalhumanities.org/

Return to “Introductions”