Intro: chaslaw

Please introduce yourself here, if you haven't already.
Charlie Law

Intro: chaslaw

Post by Charlie Law »

Hello,

I'm Charlie Law. My screen name is presently chaslaw, but the moderator may change it.

Though I took four semesters of New Testament Greek in the mid-1980s and a fifth course in 2006, somehow I've never managed to internalize the language very well. Over the past 15 years I've relied heavily on parsing tools and other helps available in BibleWorks and Logos. At the same time, I've tried to stay abreast of developments in discourse analysis and have attempted, within the limits of my knowledge and experience, to follow the ongoing scholarly conversation about the verbal system. So, while I often have trouble parsing a given verb from memory, I sometimes have a more-or-less informed opinion about why the writer may have chosen to use that form of the verb. Sometimes.

In the past year, I've been trying to improve my proficiency through online refresher courses (BibleMesh, for example). I've also been reading a bit of the Greek NT every day and, though I still stumble a lot, that's become a little easier as time has passed. Maybe there's hope for me yet!
Barry Hofstetter

Re: Intro: chaslaw

Post by Barry Hofstetter »

Hey, Charlie, welcome. The important thing is that you have stayed engaged with the language. Daily reading is the best activity by far. We look forward to your contributions.
N.E. Barry Hofstetter, M.A., Th.M.
Ph.D. Student U of FL
Instructor of Latin
Jack M. Barrack Hebrew Academy
καὶ σὺ τὸ σὸν ποιήσεις κἀγὼ τὸ ἐμόν. ἆρον τὸ σὸν καὶ ὕπαγε.

Return to “Introductions”