Stephen Pribble Intro

Please introduce yourself here, if you haven't already.
Stephen Pribble

Stephen Pribble Intro

Post by Stephen Pribble »

I am a conservative Presbyterian (OPC) pastor in Michigan. I first studied Greek at Bible college in the early 1970s and took further courses in seminary ten years later, learning the Erasmic pronunciation. When fellow Greek student Dennis Kenaga and I learned modern Greek pronunciation from a native Greek speaker, the euphony of the text made the Greek language really come alive for me, and I made a commitment to read through the Greek New Testament every year for the rest of my life, reading it aloud and translating each verse. This I have kept up the last fifteen years. After Dennis and I studied together weekly for some years, we were joined by my neighbor Ian Clemens, who also learned modern Greek pronunciation. The two of us were impressed with Dennis’s syntax coding project and formed a nonprofit to gain support to bring it to completion. Those who are interested in knowing more about this exciting project are invited to visit our website, greeknewtestament.io.
Barry Hofstetter

Re: Stephen Pribble Intro

Post by Barry Hofstetter »

Welcome, Stephen, nice to see someone from the Only Perfect Church here... :lol:

Seriously, feel free to contribute at any time. Ian has already informed us about your project, it will be interesting to see how it develops. My one suggestion would be that any grammar has to be informed not simply by the specific text in question, but by the broader language in general, since the writers of the LXX and the NT existed in a much wider linguaculture than simply the documents that they wrote.
N.E. Barry Hofstetter, M.A., Th.M.
Ph.D. Student U of FL
Instructor of Latin
Jack M. Barrack Hebrew Academy
καὶ σὺ τὸ σὸν ποιήσεις κἀγὼ τὸ ἐμόν. ἆρον τὸ σὸν καὶ ὕπαγε.

Return to “Introductions”