Introduction

Please introduce yourself here, if you haven't already.
Joe Woo

Introduction

Post by Joe Woo »

I'm currently reading the Gospel of John while working my way through "Going Deeper with New Testament Greek: An Intermediate Study of the Grammar and Syntax of the New Testament" by Köstenberger, Merkle, and Plummer.

Excited to be a part of this forum to connect with others who are also into Greek. Looking forward to getting some help and sharing experiences!
Joe Woo
Jason Hare

Re: Introduction

Post by Jason Hare »

G-Greek wrote: August 28th, 2023, 12:46 pm I'm currently reading the Gospel of John while working my way through "Going Deeper with New Testament Greek: An Intermediate Study of the Grammar and Syntax of the New Testament" by Köstenberger, Merkle, and Plummer.

Excited to be a part of this forum to connect with others who are also into Greek. Looking forward to getting some help and sharing experiences!
χαῖρε, ὦ G-Greek!

It is quite a feat to work through the Gospel of John and translate it by yourself. We worked through it together as a class in third-year Greek in Bible college, and even as a class it was challenging. I can imagine that going at it alone will present plenty of difficulties and ways to grow in your learning.

Of course, you should feel free to ask questions and get direction here on the forum. What did you use for your introductory grammar?

You should also put your name in your signature so that we know who we are talking to and how to refer to you. If you need help, let us know.

Welcome aboard!
Jason A. Hare
The Hebrew Café
Tel Aviv, Israel
Joe Woo

Post by Joe Woo »

Thanks for your kind words.
I've relied on "Beginning with New Testament Greek: An Introductory Study of the Grammar and Syntax of the New Testament" authored by Merkle and Plummer as the introductory textbook.
Joe Woo
Jason Hare

Post by Jason Hare »

G-Greek wrote: August 28th, 2023, 10:00 pm Thanks for your kind words.
I've relied on "Beginning with New Testament Greek: An Introductory Study of the Grammar and Syntax of the New Testament" authored by Merkle and Plummer as the introductory textbook.
Please place your name in the signature of your posts. You can do it here.
Jason A. Hare
The Hebrew Café
Tel Aviv, Israel
Devenios Doulenios

Post by Devenios Doulenios »

Welcome to B-Greek.

The Gospel of John is a good starting place for relatively easy Greek reading. I am making my own translation with study notes and publishing it on my blog. The first 18 chapters are already done (with a couple of revisions upcoming) and posted. I should have chapter 19 done in a few days.

You're welcome to read and comment on the posts, if you like. Just use the link to the blog in my forum signature here, then on the home page you can go to My Bible Version under Categories. Or, type "John" in the blog search bar.

The notes include discussion of key words and concepts, grammar and idioms, and translation problems.
Dewayne Dulaney
Δεβένιος Δουλένιος

Blog: https://letancientvoicesspeak.wordpress.com/

"Ὁδοὶ δύο εἰσί, μία τῆς ζωῆς καὶ μία τοῦ θανάτου."--Διδαχή Α, α'
Hannah M

Post by Hannah M »

Hello,
Glad to have found this group.
I've just started teaching an asynchronous online course in NT Greek. I'm using Duff's Elements of New Testament Greek.
Sadly the online resources with extra practice and power-points are no longer available and I haven't been able to track them down.
If anyone on this forum has anything useful to share I would love to hear about it!
I'm including a bit of beginner's Greek exegesis in the course, but I've never formally studied it myself so tips on that also gratefully received!
Many thanks,
Shirley Rollinson

Post by Shirley Rollinson »

Hannah M wrote: September 1st, 2023, 5:16 pm Hello,
Glad to have found this group.
I've just started teaching an asynchronous online course in NT Greek. I'm using Duff's Elements of New Testament Greek.
Sadly the online resources with extra practice and power-points are no longer available and I haven't been able to track them down.
If anyone on this forum has anything useful to share I would love to hear about it!
I'm including a bit of beginner's Greek exegesis in the course, but I've never formally studied it myself so tips on that also gratefully received!
Many thanks,
I used to use Duff, but gave up because every time there was a new edition there were more typos and mistakes in it
Shirley Rollinson

Return to “Introductions”