Vivek from India

Please introduce yourself here, if you haven't already.
Vivek Jones

Vivek from India

Post by Vivek Jones »

Hi,
I'm Vivek and I pastor a local church in India. We call ourselves Kerusso (yep..from koine greek). I studied in Pastoral Training Seminary where I pursued my M.Div. I am basically a Mechanical Engineer by profession but as the Lord had it (to my great joy and relief) I was saved during the university days and burdened my heart slowly (across 2 years of engg studies and 7 years of work) to work hard in his kingdom for His glory. I have a sweet wife (Anne) and 2 toddlers (Kathy and John Mark). I love greek and use it every week...but using BibleWorks has made me slightly dull (parsing help) though my syntactical skills are very sharp. I am here to stay sharp in my greek for the rest of my life and be encouraged in pursuing the same.
refe

Re: Vivek from India

Post by refe »

Great to have you Vivek! B-Greek is a great place to keep your Greek skills sharp as there are many very knowledgeable folks here who will keep you on your toes.
SusanJeffers

Post by SusanJeffers »

Hi Vivek! I'm glad you made your way here to b-greek -- enjoy!

Susan Jeffers
Lee Moses

Post by Lee Moses »

Vivek, welcome. Not to take away from this being an introduction thread, but I find your comment about Bible software dulling your Greek skills fascinating. While I may use the parsing info when I do not immediate recognize a form, I will also quickly go to the paradigms and go through the conjugation I failed to identify. But your statement prompts the question, Does Bible software help or hinder actual Greek reading skills?

EDIT: To keep this an introductory thread, I have started a new topic about this question: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=892&sid=5a562cd3b8 ... 0b4c952d94
Vivek Jones

Post by Vivek Jones »

Thanks for the encouragement people. Thanks especially to Susan Jeffers who pointed me to this forum. Looking forward to a lot of fruitful time with y'all
Jason Hare

Post by Jason Hare »

Hi, Vivek! Welcome to the forum! :)

- Jason
Jason A. Hare
The Hebrew Café
Tel Aviv, Israel

Return to “Introductions”