Policy: User Names and Profiles

B-Greek policies. Participants are required to abide by these policies. If you have questions about them, please discuss in the Questions forum.
Jonathan Robie

Policy: User Names and Profiles

Post by Jonathan Robie »

Your user name, signature, and profile should clearly identify you. We do not allow anonymous membership on B-Greek, and we do not allow names like "Terminator" or "Captain Midnight" - people using such names may be banned.

Spaces and periods are allowed, so you can have a user name like "Jonathan Robie" or "Ken M. Penner" if you want. Names like "cwconrad" or "llsorenson" are also acceptable, but only if you include your full name as a signature (this can be done by your personal profile). To change your user name, send an email to jonathan dot robie at ibiblio dot org, telling me what your existing user name is and what you want me to change it to.

Please do not use URLs in your signature, you may use them in your profile.
Last edited by Jonathan Robie on April 13th, 2013, 6:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Added requirement to place full user name in your signature for names like cwconrad.
ἐξίσταντο δὲ πάντες καὶ διηποροῦντο, ἄλλος πρὸς ἄλλον λέγοντες, τί θέλει τοῦτο εἶναι;
http://jonathanrobie.biblicalhumanities.org/
Louis L Sorenson

Re: Policy: User Names and Profiles

Post by Louis L Sorenson »

As the B-Greek forum becomes more visible on the web, there are more and more instances of new memberships being created by people who only sign up to promote their own internet site (often trying to sell something to B-Greek members). These Users have included their business web-page link in their B-Greek user profile. The administrators of the B-Greek forum have the following policy regarding Users who create a post or membership on the B-Greek forum in order to direct people to their non-Greek profit related website: SUCH USERS WILL BE BANNED.

If you are a Greek enthusiast and RUN a website (related or unrelated to B-Greek) you are welcomed to post your website address in the user profile website field. Because of the multitude of spammers joining B-Greek for the purpose of solicitation, you may find that you have been banned from making posts and your UserName deleted. There will be no "Is this website link legitimate?" emails being sent out before you are banned. If you feel you have been banned or deleted in error, please contact one of the administrators (See "The Team" link on the bottom of the page) and one of the administrators will rectify the problem and deal with links on a case-by-case basis. We ask your understanding in this matter.

If you have a passion for a certain (non-profit) subject, and want to let others know about it, the place to put that link in the in the INTRODUCTIONS section in the personal post about who you are and what you do and for what are passionate. Users who use the B-Greek site to promote their for-profit enterprise WILL BE BANNED.

Please do not include a Web-Site link in your user profile unless (1) You run the website or the website is about you and your passion, (2) the web link is a not-for-profit enterprise, or (3) are intimately involved in an organization to which the link refers, such as Logos software, SBL, a Biblical books publisher or related such endeavor which deals with biblical texts and Greek.
Sachin Khanna

Post by Sachin Khanna »

Jonathan Robie wrote: May 24th, 2011, 9:31 am Your user name, signature, and profile should clearly identify you. We do not allow anonymous membership on B-Greek, and we do not allow names like "Terminator" or "Captain Midnight" - people using such names may be banned.

Spaces and periods are allowed, so you can have a user name like "Jonathan Robie" or "Ken M. Penner" if you want. Names like "cwconrad" or "llsorenson" are also acceptable, but only if you include your full name as a signature (this can be done by your personal profile). To change your user name, send an email to jonathan dot robie at ibiblio dot org, telling me what your existing user name is and what you want me to change it to.

Please do not use URLs in your signature, you may use them in your profile.
Sir how I can change my username. My name is Sachin Khanna. Can you please guide me how to change username.
Jonathan Robie

Post by Jonathan Robie »

Sachin Khanna wrote: September 18th, 2018, 7:43 am Sir how I can change my username. My name is Sachin Khanna. Can you please guide me how to change username.
I just changed this for you. Welcome to B-Greek!
ἐξίσταντο δὲ πάντες καὶ διηποροῦντο, ἄλλος πρὸς ἄλλον λέγοντες, τί θέλει τοῦτο εἶναι;
http://jonathanrobie.biblicalhumanities.org/

Return to “Policies”