Site logo?

Come here to read our policies, ask questions, make suggestions, or find out the latest news about the B-Greek forum.
Jacob Rhoden

Site logo?

Post by Jacob Rhoden »

Can I propose we have some sort of logo competition or something? (: Or am I the only person who gets confused by distinct lack of branding, possibly the "phpBB" logo up the top? :D
cwconrad

Re: Site logo?

Post by cwconrad »

Jacob Rhoden wrote:Can I propose we have some sort of logo competition or something? (: Or am I the only person who gets confused by distinct lack of branding, possibly the "phpBB" logo up the top? :D
We actually do have/have had a B-Greek logo that was conjured up ages ago by Jonathan Robie - a neat little corner of what looks like the upper left-hand page of papyrus with uncial script letters spelling out "ΕΝΑΡΧΗΗΝΟΛ" for "ἐν ἀρχῇ ἦν ὁ λ[όγος]". Ιt used to be up there where now you see only the "phpBB" logo up at the top; it disappeared after some software upgrade. You can view it (and some ancient history!) on a surviving page displaying information from the old B-Greek mailing list: http://www.ibiblio.org/bgreek/index.html. I wonder if there's any reason in the world why that logo couldn't be restored to its rightful place.
οὔτοι ἀπ’ ἀρχῆς πάντα θεοὶ θνητοῖς ὑπέδειξαν,
ἀλλὰ χρόνῳ ζητέοντες ἐφευρίσκουσιν ἄμεινον. (Xenophanes, Fragment 16)

Carl W. Conrad
Department of Classics, Washington University (Retired)
Jonathan Robie

Post by Jonathan Robie »

The logo looks like this:

I just tried (and failed) to restore it from the Montreal airport. I'll give it another try in the next few days.
ἐξίσταντο δὲ πάντες καὶ διηποροῦντο, ἄλλος πρὸς ἄλλον λέγοντες, τί θέλει τοῦτο εἶναι;
http://jonathanrobie.biblicalhumanities.org/
mwpalmer

Post by mwpalmer »

I concur with Jacob about branding. Having the logo in the header for every page of this forum would be great!
Micheal W. Palmer

Return to “Announcements, Questions, and Policies”