GenR

Come here to read our policies, ask questions, make suggestions, or find out the latest news about the B-Greek forum.
scottesp27

GenR

Post by scottesp27 »

I came across this abbreviation GenR in The Life of Adam and Eve in Charlesworth's OT Pseudepigrapha (vol. 2). I cannot locate its referent, and was wondering if anyone here might have some more information!

Thanks!
Jason Hare

Re: GenR

Post by Jason Hare »

scottesp27 wrote: December 28th, 2023, 3:50 pm I came across this abbreviation GenR in The Life of Adam and Eve in Charlesworth's OT Pseudepigrapha (vol. 2). I cannot locate its referent, and was wondering if anyone here might have some more information!

Thanks!
Shalom, Scott (?).

(1) Please put a signature on your profile so that we know your name and any relevant information.

(2) GenR most certainly refers to Genesis Rabba, a set of midrash on the book of Genesis.
Jason A. Hare
The Hebrew Café
Tel Aviv, Israel
Ken M. Penner

Re: GenR

Post by Ken M. Penner »

Jason Hare wrote: December 29th, 2023, 3:57 pm (2) GenR most certainly refers to Genesis Rabba, a set of midrash on the book of Genesis.
Yes, the abbreviation list in Volume 2, Page xlix indicates GenR stands for Bere’šit Rabbah. You can access it at https://www.sefaria.org/Bereshit_Rabbah?tab=contents
Ken M. Penner
Professor and Chair of Religious Studies, St. Francis Xavier University
Co-Editor, Digital Biblical Studies
General Editor, Lexham English Septuagint
Co-Editor, Online Critical Pseudepigrapha pseudepigrapha.org

Return to “Announcements, Questions, and Policies”