English translation of phonetic koine greek word exomologisi

How can I best learn new vocabulary items? What aids are there and what pitfalls should be avoided? How does a beginner learn to use a lexicon?
Don Woolery

English translation of phonetic koine greek word exomologisi

Post by Don Woolery »

Can anyone out there point me in the right direction of the English definition of this nominative, feminine, noun?
David Lim

Re: English translation of phonetic koine greek word exomolo

Post by David Lim »

Don Woolery wrote:Can anyone out there point me in the right direction of the English definition of this nominative, feminine, noun?
I'm guessing you mean "εξομολογησις". Try http://www.perseus.tufts.edu/hopper/mor ... ek#lexicon, but remember that you can't convert most Greek words to exact English equivalents. Every word is defined a lot by its culture, and so you might find that dictionaries use the same English words for a lot of Greek words, like for this word and "ομολογησις", often because it is hard to express the difference in English.
δαυιδ λιμ
Barry Hofstetter

Re: English translation of phonetic koine greek word exomolo

Post by Barry Hofstetter »

Don Woolery wrote:Can anyone out there point me in the right direction of the English definition of this nominative, feminine, noun?
In the future, Don, please use an actual Unicode Greek font and also cite some of the context in which the word appears, or that very least a reference where it can be found. That helps those of whom you request help greatly!
N.E. Barry Hofstetter, M.A., Th.M.
Ph.D. Student U of FL
Instructor of Latin
Jack M. Barrack Hebrew Academy
καὶ σὺ τὸ σὸν ποιήσεις κἀγὼ τὸ ἐμόν. ἆρον τὸ σὸν καὶ ὕπαγε.

Return to “Vocabulary”