Luke 12:36 - Minuscule 157

Forum rules
Please quote the Greek text you are discussing directly in your post if it is reasonably short - do not ask people to look it up. This is not a beginner's forum, competence in Greek is assumed.
S Walch

Re: Luke 12:36 - Minuscule 157

Post by S Walch »

Stirling Bartholomew wrote: May 10th, 2020, 12:11 pm[1] Firefox warned me not to even think of visiting that web address.
The link to the official Brill publication, or the one to the McMaster University’s Institutional Repository? Both should be safe!

Should be the same link as posted on this B-Greek thread :) :
http://www.ibiblio.org/bgreek/forum/vie ... php?t=4586

I can personally see why Firefox might warn "danger" for the Brill publication - probably warning against the stupendously high price tag. One wonders sometimes whether Brill wants anyone to read some of their publications :lol:
Stirling Bartholomew

Post by Stirling Bartholomew »

S Walch wrote: May 11th, 2020, 4:13 am
Stirling Bartholomew wrote: May 10th, 2020, 12:11 pm[1] Firefox warned me not to even think of visiting that web address.
The link to the official Brill publication, or the one to the McMaster University’s Institutional Repository? Both should be safe!

Should be the same link as posted on this B-Greek thread :) :
http://www.ibiblio.org/bgreek/forum/vie ... php?t=4586

I can personally see why Firefox might warn "danger" for the Brill publication - probably warning against the stupendously high price tag. One wonders sometimes whether Brill wants anyone to read some of their publications :lol:
I have thesis pdf. I have seen it before. OK, I have been reading work from several "Functional" frameworks for decades but the paragraph you quoted[1] was worded in a manner which I found incomprehensible. What is happening with the article plus adverb isn't rocket science. Not at all. PhD dissertations often make what is comparatively simple sound like esoteric mysteries.

[1]
... when the article is used to modify an adverb, the adverbial idea is used as the identifying characteristic of the referent. Concurrently, the referent is characterized as something concrete, as belonging to the realm of the experience of an actual thing or event.
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=5152#p34320
C. Stirling Bartholomew
S Walch

Post by S Walch »

Stirling Bartholomew wrote: May 11th, 2020, 3:44 pmWhat is happening with the article plus adverb isn't rocket science. Not at all. PhD dissertations often make what is comparatively simple sound like esoteric mysteries.
:lol:

Thanks for your searching on this, Stirling. Very helpful being able to see the same being used in other contexts.

Also a helpful reminder from yourself that the TLG exists for these sorts of searches. :D

Return to “New Testament”