Hello!

Please introduce yourself here, if you haven't already.
William McCoy

Hello!

Post by William McCoy »

Aloha B-Greek:

My name is William McCoy. I am a PK and took advantage of my stepfathers library starting at age 13. I am now 54. I have loved God's Word my whole life; study, study, study. Instead of always bugging my pastor-teacher friends about voice, mood, etc. Several years ago I started studying biblical Greek starting with Machen's book. Eventually, I started translating. Wow, the treasures I have found!

Last year I released a book titled: Wake Up Call. It's now only available on Kindle e-Book.

Honestly, I couldn't find anyone to help me! So undaunted, 4 years after starting, I finished the book in spite of my 1st grade exchange student Greek and my 4th grade surfer English. I occasionally came here to do word studies. The book is extremely controversial. Please believe me, I studied my brains out and did the best I could with what God gave me and gave me to do.

I think it's most important contribution is my work on Greek anarthrous vs. articular sentence construction. A very difficult subject with very little info. Everyone could tell me what it was but, no one could tell me why! Will post soon.

Only to His glory, Bill
Barry Hofstetter

Re: Hello!

Post by Barry Hofstetter »

Welcome to B-Greek, Bill. You'll find that the use of the article and many other issues have been discussed on the forum, and before, when it was an email list. Feel free to post any issues or insights for discussion...
N.E. Barry Hofstetter, M.A., Th.M.
Ph.D. Student U of FL
Instructor of Latin
Jack M. Barrack Hebrew Academy
καὶ σὺ τὸ σὸν ποιήσεις κἀγὼ τὸ ἐμόν. ἆρον τὸ σὸν καὶ ὕπαγε.
Barry Hofstetter

Post by Barry Hofstetter »

I should add insights and issues related to the purpose of b-Greek, which is to discuss the Greek, and not theology or broader hermeneutical issues.
N.E. Barry Hofstetter, M.A., Th.M.
Ph.D. Student U of FL
Instructor of Latin
Jack M. Barrack Hebrew Academy
καὶ σὺ τὸ σὸν ποιήσεις κἀγὼ τὸ ἐμόν. ἆρον τὸ σὸν καὶ ὕπαγε.
Scott Lawson

Post by Scott Lawson »

Hello Bill! I like the point you make in your book about the identity of "we" and "you" in 2 Corinthians...I'm not as ready to accept your view about Romans though but maybe I'm missing the point you are making. Your assertions about there being no such category as a dative of means or an objective genitive will need some explaining as well. I look forward to your posts!

Scott Lawson
Scott Lawson

Return to “Introductions”