LGGA (Lessico dei Grammatici Greci Antichi)

cwconrad

LGGA (Lessico dei Grammatici Greci Antichi)

Post by cwconrad »

http://www.aristarchus.unige.it/lgga/index_inglese.php

The LGGA (Lessico dei Grammatici Greci Antichi) means to provide an online reference tool for scholars of Greek-Latin Antiquity, especially for studies on the history of ancient philology, grammar and scholarship.

The contents consist of files on the personalities who variously contributed to erudite and philological-grammatical research in ancient world, alphabetically ordered by Latin name.

The catalogue includes now a total of 567 grammarians. Files are made available progressively, as soon as work on a file is completed and can be downloaded in pdf format. To access this free service you have just to sign in with your e-mail address when the relevant window appears.

The preparation of the pdf files entails a polishing and completion work on the entries of the lexicon. The files concerning some particularly important grammarians, that call for a more extended and complex encyclopedic entry, are made available for download as they are filled in just with the updated bibliography, while the general discussion and possible texts will be added on in a second time. This handling has been chosen for Aelius [2] Herodianus, Apollonius [09] Dyscolus, Aristarchus, Aristophanes, Didymus, Eratosthenes, Galenus, Iulius [2] Pollux, Zenodotus.

From July 2007 the Lessico dei Grammatici Greci Antichi has adopted a peer review policy, which consists in submitting each entry to at least two external reviewers before publication.
οὔτοι ἀπ’ ἀρχῆς πάντα θεοὶ θνητοῖς ὑπέδειξαν,
ἀλλὰ χρόνῳ ζητέοντες ἐφευρίσκουσιν ἄμεινον. (Xenophanes, Fragment 16)

Carl W. Conrad
Department of Classics, Washington University (Retired)
Wes Wood

Re: LGGA (Lessico dei Grammatici Greci Antichi)

Post by Wes Wood »

Judging by how frequently you post things like this, it is clear that you have much better "luck" finding interesting sites to browse than I do! Thanks for sharing.
Ἀσπάζομαι μὲν καὶ φιλῶ, πείσομαι δὲ μᾶλλον τῷ θεῷ ἢ ὑμῖν.-Ἀπολογία Σωκράτους 29δ
cwconrad

Re: LGGA (Lessico dei Grammatici Greci Antichi)

Post by cwconrad »

Wes Wood wrote:Judging by how frequently you post things like this, it is clear that you have much better "luck" finding interesting sites to browse than I do! Thanks for sharing.
It’s really just a matter of blog-watching. The AWOL (no, it’s not what you think!) blog regularly lists open-source resources: periodicals and monograph series, etc. regarding antiquity that don't require memberships or subscriptions. Much of it concerns Egyptology, Mesopotamian cuneiform writings, or the like. When I see something there that I think might be of interest to BG Forum participants, I call attention to it.

AWOL - The Ancient World Online
http://ancientworldonline.blogspot.com
οὔτοι ἀπ’ ἀρχῆς πάντα θεοὶ θνητοῖς ὑπέδειξαν,
ἀλλὰ χρόνῳ ζητέοντες ἐφευρίσκουσιν ἄμεινον. (Xenophanes, Fragment 16)

Carl W. Conrad
Department of Classics, Washington University (Retired)

Return to “Seen on the Web”