Greetings

Please introduce yourself here, if you haven't already.
caseyperkins

Greetings

Post by caseyperkins »

Hello,
My name is Casey Perkins. I live in Nashville, TN, and have been studying Greek for 11 years. I've never had a class, but have been using books, audio lectures, etc. I've lurked here for a while and have appreciated many of the conversations. Textual criticism is a big interest of mine. I'm also the developer of an iOS biblical Greek app called GreekKit.

I'm happy to have a place like this to learn from those more advanced than me. I hope to be able to contribute meaningfully to the forum over time.

Casey
Stephen Hughes

Re: Greetings

Post by Stephen Hughes »

A belated welcome and thank you for sharing your introduction.
caseyperkins wrote:Textual criticism is a big interest of mine.
Different people have different reasons for picking up the Greek, and for them the forum serves a variety of different purposes.

A knowledge of the language itself contributes to lifting the quality of things written and discussed about the New Testament text in many different related fields. It leads to more balanced analyses, and guides people away from great long discursions into obsurata.
Γελᾷ δ' ὁ μωρός, κἄν τι μὴ γέλοιον ᾖ
(Menander, Γνῶμαι μονόστιχοι 108)
Wes Wood

Post by Wes Wood »

I will offer my greetings belatedly as well.

It appears we don't live too far away from each other. I live about two and a half hours away from you in the southeastern portion of West Tennessee near Savannah. I was in Nashville this weekend, in fact.

Welcome to the forum!
Ἀσπάζομαι μὲν καὶ φιλῶ, πείσομαι δὲ μᾶλλον τῷ θεῷ ἢ ὑμῖν.-Ἀπολογία Σωκράτους 29δ
Stephen Carlson

Post by Stephen Carlson »

caseyperkins wrote:Hello,
Textual criticism is a big interest of mine.
Same here! Though B-Greek doesn't do textual criticism per se, it does permit discussion of what the Greek of the various variant readings can mean.
Stephen C. Carlson, Ph.D.
Melbourne, Australia

Return to “Introductions”