Seeing the world in Greek

How can I best learn new vocabulary items? What aids are there and what pitfalls should be avoided? How does a beginner learn to use a lexicon?
Stephen Hughes

Re: Seeing the world in Greek

Post by Stephen Hughes »

I realise this is so not a New Testament topic, but without them we wouldn't be on B-Greek. They figure so prominently in everyday life.

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

ὁ μῦς οἰκεῖ ὅπου εὑρίσκει τρῦπαν.

Attributions:
The image of the computer, keyboard, typing, computer mouse, mouse hole and mouse are all in the public domain, licensed under a Creative Commons CC0 license.
Γελᾷ δ' ὁ μωρός, κἄν τι μὴ γέλοιον ᾖ
(Menander, Γνῶμαι μονόστιχοι 108)
Stephen Hughes

Post by Stephen Hughes »

ImageImage
βούτυρον (τό) - τὸ πῖον τοῦ γάλακτος

Attribution:
The copyright for the image of butter is held by Carey Tilden and has been released under a CC BY 2.0 license. Copyright for the image of the Pyramids of Gizah is held by Ikiwaner and was released under a CC BY-SA 2.0 license.
Stephen Hughes

Post by Stephen Hughes »

Here are a few videos that I've created for educational and non-comercial purposes, under section VB of the fair dealing provisions of the Australian Commonwealth Copyright Act 1968. These videos may contain copyright material. Any further reproduction or communication of this material by you may be the subject of copyright protection under the Act.

[Some of the videos are are of such minimal quality, that they could be thought of as just scratch ups requiring a serious effort at some future time. That is especially true of the sound quality. My friend's computer that I can use to make these is in a noisy office.]

Some outdoor things and weather:

Stephen Hughes

Post by Stephen Hughes »

Here are a few videos that I've created for educational and non-comercial purposes, under section VB the fair deal provisions of the Australian Commonwealth Copyright Act 1968. These videos may contain copyright material. Any further reproduction or communication of this material by you may be the subject of copyright protection under the Act.

A few thing for the home and health:

Stephen Hughes

Post by Stephen Hughes »

Here are a few videos that I've created for educational and non-comercial purposes, under section VB the fair deal provisions of the Australian Commonwealth Copyright Act 1968. These videos may contain copyright material. Any further reproduction or communication of this material by you may be the subject of copyright protection under the Act.

Some animals:

Stephen Hughes

Post by Stephen Hughes »

Some things for drinks and drinking:

Stephen Hughes

Post by Stephen Hughes »

Here are a couple of things for eating:

Stephen Hughes

Post by Stephen Hughes »

Here are a couple of things for cleaning and washing:

Stephen Hughes

Post by Stephen Hughes »

Here are a few videos that I've created for educational and non-comercial purposes, under section VB the fair dealing provisions of the Australian Commonwealth Copyright Act 1968. These videos may contain copyright material. Any further reproduction or communication of this material by you may be the subject of copyright protection under the Act.

A few other things:

Stephen Hughes

Post by Stephen Hughes »

Here are a few videos that I've created for educational and non-comercial purposes, under section VB the fair dealing provisions of the Australian Commonwealth Copyright Act 1968. These videos may contain copyright material. Any further reproduction or communication of this material by you may be the subject of copyright protection under the Act.

Return to “Vocabulary”