Intro: Dylan Chapman

Please introduce yourself here, if you haven't already.
dylan.chap@gmail.com

Intro: Dylan Chapman

Post by dylan.chap@gmail.com »

My name is Dylan Chapman. I am in my last semester of a 3 year ministry school in NC. I am married with 3 daughters and a son. Because one of my professors really emphasized the benefit of knowing Koine Greek (in order to understand the NT), I purchased David Black's beginner's book, "Learn to Read New Testament Greek". I was thoroughly enjoying it but was very focused on my current studies so I put it down with the intention of picking it up again after graduation so that I could really focus on learning the language. I recently purchased (and am waiting to receive in the mail) David Black's DVD set of himself teaching through the 26 chapters of his book to a live classroom. It was through Black's website that I recently came across some "Living Greek" links that I began to read up on. As a result, I have purchased Buth's "Living Koine pt 1" and will definitely be looking to purchase pt 2a & 2b. I am enjoying the fact that I can comfortably start going through Living Koine pt 1 without feeling mentally pulled upon from a study standpoint. I feel that I can continue through this even as I am focusing on my current studies. I've obviously got a long way to go regarding Koine Greek and figured this would be a good place to plug in to.
Jonathan Robie

Re: Intro: Dylan Chapman

Post by Jonathan Robie »

Welcome to B-Greek! I live in Durham, what part of NC are you at, and what ministry school have you been attending?
ἐξίσταντο δὲ πάντες καὶ διηποροῦντο, ἄλλος πρὸς ἄλλον λέγοντες, τί θέλει τοῦτο εἶναι;
http://jonathanrobie.biblicalhumanities.org/
dylan.chap@gmail.com

Jonathan Robie wrote:Welcome to B-Greek! I live in Durham, what part of NC are you at, and what ministry school have you been attending?
I live in Concord (about 5 minutes from the Charlotte Motor Speedway) and go to FIRE School of Ministry which was founded by Dr. Michael Brown (not sure if you're familiar with him). The school, although it has some solid academics, is more of ministry training school with the focus of producing missionaries who will be sent out (domestic or foreign), and therefore incorporates a lot of hands on practical ministry during the 3 year program.

Perhaps there's a post or a blog, but what's your background including but not limited to Greek?
Barry Hofstetter

Post by Barry Hofstetter »

Welcome, Dylan, it looks like you are on a good path. Feel free to launch in with questions or items for discussion anytime. If you look back through the introduction sub-forum, you'll find that a lot of people have posted bio's. Mine happens to be the very first one... :o
N.E. Barry Hofstetter, M.A., Th.M.
Ph.D. Student U of FL
Instructor of Latin
Jack M. Barrack Hebrew Academy
καὶ σὺ τὸ σὸν ποιήσεις κἀγὼ τὸ ἐμόν. ἆρον τὸ σὸν καὶ ὕπαγε.
Jonathan Robie

Post by Jonathan Robie »

Barry Hofstetter wrote:Welcome, Dylan, it looks like you are on a good path. Feel free to launch in with questions or items for discussion anytime. If you look back through the introduction sub-forum, you'll find that a lot of people have posted bio's. Mine happens to be the very first one... :o
Or maybe the second?

Mine is here: http://www.ibiblio.org/bgreek/forum/vie ... ?f=35&t=13. Feel free to ask questions there.
ἐξίσταντο δὲ πάντες καὶ διηποροῦντο, ἄλλος πρὸς ἄλλον λέγοντες, τί θέλει τοῦτο εἶναι;
Barry Hofstetter

Post by Barry Hofstetter »

Jonathan Robie wrote:
Barry Hofstetter wrote:Welcome, Dylan, it looks like you are on a good path. Feel free to launch in with questions or items for discussion anytime. If you look back through the introduction sub-forum, you'll find that a lot of people have posted bio's. Mine happens to be the very first one... :o
Or maybe the second?

Mine is here: http://www.ibiblio.org/bgreek/forum/vie ... ?f=35&t=13. Feel free to ask questions there.
I'm number 2! I'm number 2! :o :shock: :cry: :oops: :evil:
N.E. Barry Hofstetter, M.A., Th.M.
Ph.D. Student U of FL
Instructor of Latin
Jack M. Barrack Hebrew Academy
καὶ σὺ τὸ σὸν ποιήσεις κἀγὼ τὸ ἐμόν. ἆρον τὸ σὸν καὶ ὕπαγε.
Jonathan Robie

Post by Jonathan Robie »

dylan.chap@gmail.com wrote:I live in Concord (about 5 minutes from the Charlotte Motor Speedway) and go to FIRE School of Ministry which was founded by Dr. Michael Brown (not sure if you're familiar with him). The school, although it has some solid academics, is more of ministry training school with the focus of producing missionaries who will be sent out (domestic or foreign), and therefore incorporates a lot of hands on practical ministry during the 3 year program.
I have a good friend in Concord who I rarely see anymore. I didn't know about FIRE, thanks for the link.

I hope we can be helpful to you here, feel free to ask any questions that come up.
dylan.chap@gmail.com

I sure will! Thanks Barry!
Jonathan Robie wrote:
I have a good friend in Concord who I rarely see anymore. I didn't know about FIRE, thanks for the link.

I hope we can be helpful to you here, feel free to ask any questions that come up.
Thanks Jonathan!

Return to “Introductions”