Cardo rhos fixed

Eeli Kaikkonen

Cardo rhos fixed

Post by Eeli Kaikkonen »

I fixed the badly positioned breathing marks on rho letters in Cardo font. Following the SIL Open Font Licence 1.1 (see http://scholarsfonts.net/cardofnt.html) I renamed it to Crdo Rho. FontForge doesn't handle ttf file directly, it creates its own working file and the new truetype file is generated from that. Therefore I don't know what other things may have changed. Please test.
Attachments
crdorho.zip
true type font file
(451.14 KiB) Downloaded 281 times
Paul-Nitz

Re: Cardo rhos fixed

Post by Paul-Nitz »

Eeli, Brilliant. Thanks much. In the image you can see how serious the flaw was. Also in the image, you can see that somehow, you have fixed a problem with BOLD and ITALICS. They never displayed correctly.
Attachments
rho.jpg
rho.jpg (169.73 KiB) Viewed 11010 times
Paul D. Nitz - Lilongwe Malawi
Eeli Kaikkonen

Re: Cardo rhos fixed

Post by Eeli Kaikkonen »

Paul-Nitz wrote:Also in the image, you can see that somehow, you have fixed a problem with BOLD and ITALICS. They never displayed correctly.
That's very weird. I did nothing else than moved those breathing marks (in regular), changed the font name and copyright statement and generated the .ttf file. Do the italics, bold etc. come from that same file? Later I even checked the original and new .ttf files with sfddiff and it didn't show any other differences.

Return to “Unicode and Fonts”