Deuteronomy 5:30

Forum rules
Please quote the Greek text you are discussing directly in your post if it is reasonably short - do not ask people to look it up. This is not a beginner's forum, competence in Greek is assumed.
Saboi

Re: Deuteronomy 5:30

Post by Saboi »

All our current scripture are not the originals, they are products translation layers and copyist so my purpose is to somehow reconstruct the original intended text and to prove the possibility that the original composition was in a form of Doric Greek

I use the doric words ἔρασδε & οἴκαδε since δε is the same as ל in the prefix position but also the ה in the suffix position.

ἔρασδεלארצ ↔ ארצה
ϝοίκαδε ↔ ביתהלבית

οἴκαδהיכל
Lee Magee
Barry Hofstetter

Post by Barry Hofstetter »

Saboi wrote: February 5th, 2019, 1:55 pm All our current scripture are not the originals, they are products translation layers and copyist so my purpose is to somehow reconstruct the original intended text and to prove the possibility that the original composition was in a form of Doric Greek

I use the doric words ἔρασδε & οἴκαδε since δε is the same as ל in the prefix position but also the ה in the suffix position.

ἔρασδεלארצ ↔ ארצה
ϝοίκαδε ↔ ביתהלבית

οἴκαδהיכל
ἔρασδε is Doric, but οἴκαδε panhellenic, appearing in Homer and Attic prose. But let me ask you this: whatever in the world makes you think that the original language of composition for the LXX was Doric?
N.E. Barry Hofstetter, M.A., Th.M.
Ph.D. Student U of FL
Instructor of Latin
Jack M. Barrack Hebrew Academy
καὶ σὺ τὸ σὸν ποιήσεις κἀγὼ τὸ ἐμόν. ἆρον τὸ σὸν καὶ ὕπαγε.
Saboi

Post by Saboi »

Barry Hofstetter wrote: February 5th, 2019, 9:55 pm
Saboi wrote: February 5th, 2019, 1:55 pm All our current scripture are not the originals, they are products translation layers and copyist so my purpose is to somehow reconstruct the original intended text and to prove the possibility that the original composition was in a form of Doric Greek

ἔρασδεלארצ ↔ ארצה
ϝοίκαδε ↔ ביתהלבית

οἴκαδהיכל
ἔρασδε is Doric, but οἴκαδε panhellenic, appearing in Homer and Attic prose. But let me ask you this: whatever in the world makes you think that the original language of composition for the LXX was Doric?
I am researching the claim made by Areus in 1 Maccabees 12:20-23 "the Spartans and Jews are brothers and are of the family of Abraham" and they are Jewish priests with Spartan names, such as Jason, Meneleus and Alcimus, this latter names appears in the Bible as Eliakim in 2 Kings 18:26 confirmed in Proverbs 30:31 that as אלקום for ἄλκιμος "stout" along with the synonym εὔψυχος and also explains the name change of Eliakim to Jehoiakim as ἄλκιμος to εὔψυχος.

This also seen in the names, such as Abraham named for אבהמון -Ἀγαμέμνων (Gen 17:5) also his change of name Εὕραμα [Αβραμ] > Εὕρεμα [Αβρααμ] representing the change of dialect when they assimilated with the φοίνικος and the memory of coming out slavery is because they where εἱλώτης and there is Zeus in Gen 41:45 as Ζδευς or Ζδί for Δία and Ζῆν as שדין in Job 19:19

They also described as בני־ישראל that stands for Ἀτρείδης and ישראל for Ἀτρεύς > Ἀτρεϝύς > Ἀκρόπους > Jacob and Isaac's tempted sacrifice based on Iphigenia and the Hebrew naming convention is Spartan style with the common prefixes, ἀγά- εὖ- in names such as Αχια Αχιτωβ Αχιναδαβ compare with Ἀχιλῆος or εὐίατρός with Abiather and Αβιναδαβ with εὐδύνατος

2Sa 20:23 - κόροι "subdivision of Sparta"
Gen 19:3 - μάζης "spartan bread of slavery"
Exodus 18:25 - νέων ἀγέλα "Sparta, bands in which boys were trained" (חיל/εἱλώτης, ἶλαι, ἴλα, ἰλῆς)
Ruth 1:1 - Σπάρτη Λακεδαίμων
Genesis 37:3 - ὀψιγόνων (Herodotus 7.3)
2 Kings 2:6 - Rintomo Gorge
Numbers 4:24 - γερουσία " Spartan council of elders " (Torah/λειτουργία)
Obadiah 1:20 - Σπάρτη
Ezra 4:9 - Σπαρτιάτες
1 Kings 7:43 - Taygetus & Zarthan
Gen 14:13 - περίοικοι

Plutarch Lycurgus 6
Lycurgus for the establishment of this form of government, that he obtained an oracle from Delphi about it, which they call a ‘rhetra' (Gen 6:18 - (בריתי ῥητός, ϝῥατός)

בעלה, בלע, בעלתה, בתול, בעלות/ βωλά, βουλή, βόλλα "senate, council of elders, group of leaders, assemblies"
יערים, שערים, ערים, צער/ ἀγορά, ἀγροὶ, ᾰ̓́γυρις, ἀγορή
עדה, עדיתים/ἔθνος, ϝέθνος "company, body of men"
סוד/σύνοδος, ξύνοδος "assembly, meeting, esp. for deliberation"
קהל/φυλή " a race, tribe, the three Dorian tribes,"
שערים/αγοριν - A city ruled by two assemblies, a peoples assembly and a council of chiefs.
Lee Magee
RandallButh

Post by RandallButh »

This also seen in the names, such as Abraham named for אבהמון -Ἀγαμέμνων (Gen 17:5) also his change of name Εὕραμα [Αβραμ] > Εὕρεμα [Αβρααμ]
not.
οὔ.
לא.
ولا.
אני מצטער אבל בעברית זה פשות שטויות
Barry Hofstetter

Post by Barry Hofstetter »

There is so much wrong with this I don't know where to begin. Your attempt to make these connections through Hebrew is doomed to failure. Please restrict your questions to asking about the Greek language.
N.E. Barry Hofstetter, M.A., Th.M.
Ph.D. Student U of FL
Instructor of Latin
Jack M. Barrack Hebrew Academy
καὶ σὺ τὸ σὸν ποιήσεις κἀγὼ τὸ ἐμόν. ἆρον τὸ σὸν καὶ ὕπαγε.
Jonathan Robie

Post by Jonathan Robie »

Moderator Action

We do not want B-Greek to be used for this project. I am locking these threads.

Barry Hofstetter wrote: February 6th, 2019, 2:46 pm There is so much wrong with this I don't know where to begin. Your attempt to make these connections through Hebrew is doomed to failure. Please restrict your questions to asking about the Greek language.
ἐξίσταντο δὲ πάντες καὶ διηποροῦντο, ἄλλος πρὸς ἄλλον λέγοντες, τί θέλει τοῦτο εἶναι;
http://jonathanrobie.biblicalhumanities.org/

Return to “Septuagint and Pseudepigrapha”