"remember me" is unclickable

Come here to read our policies, ask questions, make suggestions, or find out the latest news about the B-Greek forum.
timothy_p_mcmahon

"remember me" is unclickable

Post by timothy_p_mcmahon »

I normally remain logged in by clicking "remember me" but that option is no longer working and now I need to login every visit. Is this fixable?
S Walch

Re: "remember me" is unclickable

Post by S Walch »

Hi Tim,

I think it's something to do with the exact URL that you use. I remember having this problem, but once I changed my B-Greek bookmark to point to

Code: Select all

https://www.ibiblio.org/bgreek/forum/index.php
, everything has been fine since.

I believe it's if you have it without the www. it doesn't seem to want to remember you, I think.

I'll see if I can find the old topic on this very issue...
timothy_p_mcmahon

Thanks, S.

Unfortunately the problem persists when I use that URL.
Jonathan Robie

Post by Jonathan Robie »

What happens if you clear your browser cache? Do you have the same problem from more than one computer?
ἐξίσταντο δὲ πάντες καὶ διηποροῦντο, ἄλλος πρὸς ἄλλον λέγοντες, τί θέλει τοῦτο εἶναι;
http://jonathanrobie.biblicalhumanities.org/
Bruce McKinnon

Post by Bruce McKinnon »

Edit: I misread the original "remember me" issue then typed this off topic post. But since it may be of interest to others, I decided not to delete it.

I've sometimes had this issue here and on the B-Hebrew forum.

My current but not rigorously tested theory is as follows.

I usually use my iPad for B-Greek. But if I later try to access the forum on my desktop, I have to log on. And then, the next time I try to access the forum on my iPad, I have to log on there.

So my theory is that the forum's server doesn't accept a "remember me" logging on if the user has in the interim accessed the forum via a different computer.
timothy_p_mcmahon

Jonathan Robie wrote: May 14th, 2019, 7:11 am What happens if you clear your browser cache? Do you have the same problem from more than one computer?
Don't know how to clear my Safari cache without deleting a bunch of stuff I need. Switched to Firefox and problem solved.

Return to “Announcements, Questions, and Policies”