χαίρετε

Please introduce yourself here, if you haven't already.
SeanJones2

χαίρετε

Post by SeanJones2 »

Hello! I've been active over on textkit for years, having started with koine at university in the UK and then moved on to Homer. Recently I've gone down the rabbit hole of living koine materials so I thought I'd head over here as well to keep up with the goss.
Barry Hofstetter

Re: χαίρετε

Post by Barry Hofstetter »

Welcome to the B-Greek forum. Please contact a moderator with your first and last name so that we can update your screen name according to B-Greek policy.
N.E. Barry Hofstetter, M.A., Th.M.
Ph.D. Student U of FL
Instructor of Latin
Jack M. Barrack Hebrew Academy
καὶ σὺ τὸ σὸν ποιήσεις κἀγὼ τὸ ἐμόν. ἆρον τὸ σὸν καὶ ὕπαγε.
Jason Hare

Post by Jason Hare »

keltwn wrote: May 21st, 2019, 7:36 am Hello! I've been active over on textkit for years, having started with koine at university in the UK and then moved on to Homer. Recently I've gone down the rabbit hole of living koine materials so I thought I'd head over here as well to keep up with the goss.
Welcome to B-Greek. Have you seen the website Koine Greek?
Jason A. Hare
The Hebrew Café
Tel Aviv, Israel
SeanJones2

Post by SeanJones2 »

Barry Hofstetter wrote: May 21st, 2019, 7:56 am Welcome to the B-Greek forum. Please contact a moderator with your first and last name so that we can update your screen name according to B-Greek policy.
Hi Barry, I can't find a way to DM moderators (am I being stupid or is this not possible?) but you may unmask me as Sean Jones - sorry not to have noticed the policy.
SeanJones2

Post by SeanJones2 »

Jason Hare wrote: May 22nd, 2019, 9:34 am Welcome to B-Greek. Have you seen the website Koine Greek?
Hi Jason - we've actually been having a conversation with each other about peer-to-peer groups over on koinegreek :)
Barry Hofstetter

SeanJones2 wrote: May 23rd, 2019, 5:48 pm
Barry Hofstetter wrote: May 21st, 2019, 7:56 am Welcome to the B-Greek forum. Please contact a moderator with your first and last name so that we can update your screen name according to B-Greek policy.
Hi Barry, I can't find a way to DM moderators (am I being stupid or is this not possible?) but you may unmask me as Sean Jones - sorry not to have noticed the policy.
Done, but I had to get creative, because there is already a Sean Jones registered, so you get to be SeanJones2.
Ph.D. Student U of FL
Instructor of Latin
Sean Jones

Post by Sean Jones »

Barry - embarrassing confession: the other Sean Jones was in fact me.

Turns out I signed up in 2012 with an old email address and completely forgot about this account. Thank you for creating SeanJones2 but please feel free to deactivate that short-lived account (if you need proof that we are one and the same, and I'm not trying to systematically remove all competing Sean Joneses from the internet, then I'm happy to provide it :) )
Barry Hofstetter

Sean Jones wrote: May 25th, 2019, 5:01 am Barry - embarrassing confession: the other Sean Jones was in fact me.

Turns out I signed up in 2012 with an old email address and completely forgot about this account. Thank you for creating SeanJones2 but please feel free to deactivate that short-lived account (if you need proof that we are one and the same, and I'm not trying to systematically remove all competing Sean Joneses from the internet, then I'm happy to provide it :) )
I actually don't think you can do that unless you collect all the infinity stones, but no problem.
Ph.D. Student U of FL
Instructor of Latin
Jason Hare

Post by Jason Hare »

Sean Jones wrote: May 25th, 2019, 5:01 am Barry - embarrassing confession: the other Sean Jones was in fact me.

I've deleted the second account for you. :)
Jason A. Hare
The Hebrew Café
Tel Aviv, Israel
Sean Jones

Post by Sean Jones »

Thanks!

Return to “Introductions”