Hi everyone

Please introduce yourself here, if you haven't already.
koinebob

Hi everyone

Post by koinebob »

I’m just starting out learning Koine Greek so I can read the Bible in the original Greek. I started learning two years ago using the Mounce book, but didn’t get very far because I’m trying to avoid using any glosses or translation. I recently found the online Koine Greek class on biblicallanguagecenter.com and have been working through the foundations course. I’m really enjoying it and am learning a lot, but am always looking for additional resources to help with learning it like a living language.
Barry Hofstetter

Re: Hi everyone

Post by Barry Hofstetter »

Moderator Note: While I love the screen name, B-Greek policy requires a real first and last name for the screen name, so please contact a moderator about this, and we'll take care of it for you.
N.E. Barry Hofstetter, M.A., Th.M.
Ph.D. Student U of FL
Instructor of Latin
Jack M. Barrack Hebrew Academy
καὶ σὺ τὸ σὸν ποιήσεις κἀγὼ τὸ ἐμόν. ἆρον τὸ σὸν καὶ ὕπαγε.
Jason Hare

Post by Jason Hare »

koinebob wrote: July 7th, 2019, 4:37 pm I’m just starting out learning Koine Greek so I can read the Bible in the original Greek. I started learning two years ago using the Mounce book, but didn’t get very far because I’m trying to avoid using any glosses or translation. I recently found the online Koine Greek class on biblicallanguagecenter.com and have been working through the foundations course. I’m really enjoying it and am learning a lot, but am always looking for additional resources to help with learning it like a living language.
I really wish that I had gone the way of Buth many years ago. There's certainly something to be said for it, as many have done. Have you checked out the new website www.koinegreek.com?
Jason A. Hare
The Hebrew Café
Tel Aviv, Israel
RandallButh

Post by RandallButh »

Yes, the KoineGreek site is recommend, too. Ben is doing a great job.

--Randall Buth

Return to “Introductions”