Koine Greek Whatsapp group

Resources and methods for teaching and learning New Testament Greek.
Friedrich de Wet

Koine Greek Whatsapp group

Post by Friedrich de Wet » July 12th, 2019, 6:35 am

Hi guys

I started whatsapp groups to chat in Koine Greek. There is a group for beginners and a group for more advanced writers (maybe later on I'll start an intermediate group). If you are interested in joining one of the groups, or both, send me a personal message. The more the merrier.
0 x

Jason Hare

Re: Koine Greek Whatsapp group

Post by Jason Hare » July 13th, 2019, 3:13 am

Can you give an example of how WhatsApp can be used for language learning?

I'm not sure that it would be worth getting messages while you're sleeping. ;)

I mean, if someone sends a voice message while you're sleeping on the other side of the world (which might wake some people up), then you want to respond when you're awake, you might have twenty messages from other people waiting to be listened to; you might miss the most important (for you) message in the conversation.

I'm just not sure about how learning can be structured with WhatsApp. Does it focus on reading and writing? Voice messages? Videos?

I'm interested in the idea, but I don't know how it's done.
0 x
Jason A. Hare
Tel Aviv, Israel

Friedrich de Wet

Re: Koine Greek Whatsapp group

Post by Friedrich de Wet » July 15th, 2019, 3:13 am

Hi Jason

People can probably implement it in many ways that are helpful for them. At the moment we chat primarily with text messages (we do not use voice messages, since some people do not have the same accents). Every now and again we might post a small video with a textual description of what's happening. It is easier with text messages to scan through and see what you are interested in. Although, at this stage there is not a lot of traffic that you might be over burdened. You can always mute the group so that you won't be woken up.

We only started the group very recently, so it's still experimentation. I'm curious to see how we can do it better and better.
0 x