Re: translation of "melle"

From: Carl W. Conrad (cwconrad@artsci.wustl.edu)
Date: Wed Aug 30 1995 - 10:43:33 EDT

At 10:23 AM 8/30/95, Edgar M. Krentz wrote:
>Both "presence" and "arrival" are possible translations. though I support
>Prof. Winbury's preference for "arrival"--though I would not call the word
>the feminine participle of PAREIMI, since that would be PAROUSIA.

Actually it would be PAROUSA (but I think this was in fact a mis-typed word
rather than a misunderstanding).

I heartily second Edgar's comments on keeping sectarian religious questions
out of the discussion. This is evidently something we have to keep
repeating from time to time.

Carl W. Conrad
(314) 935-4018