Re: translation of "melle"

From: WINBROW@aol.com
Date: Wed Aug 30 1995 - 19:42:37 EDT

Carl Conrad wrote,
>The participles of IENAI are IWN, IOUSA, ION, and the form >from this verb
that corresponds to PAROUSIA , PAREINAI >would, I believe, actually (if it
existed), be PARIOUSIA with >and additional iota which is the essential
remainder of the >verb's root.

I agreed with Ed without checking my own treatment of this verb. In the
Morphology that Jim brooks and I did, we have the forms of PAREIMI (to be
with) listed as PAREINAI, PARWN, PARHMHN, and PARESOMAI. It also appears in
the compound SUMPARWN (ptc). The participle in the NT of EXEIMI "to depart"
is EXIWN, the i stays. I must stop doing these things from memory.
Carlton Winbery
Fogleman Prof. NT & Greek
LA College, Pineville, LA
(318) 487-7241 Fax (318) 487-7425 off. or (318) 442-4996 home
Winbrow@aol.com or Winbery@andria.lacollege.edu