Re: Teaching accents

From: James D. Ernest (
Date: Tue Sep 19 1995 - 21:19:56 EDT

On Tue, 19 Sep 1995, DR. KEN PULLIAM wrote:

> I have a question for those who teach Koine Greek. How valuable
> is it for the first year student to be taught the rules for
> accenting?

Very valuable. Builds self-esteem. My formula for this as for
many other things: Learn them for a quiz. Forget some of them.
Relearn slowly for keeps through long practice. Why deprive
them of these rules and have their next prof. think they're
James D. Ernest Joint Doctoral Program
Manchester, New Hampshire, USA Andover-Newton/Boston College
Internet: Chestnut Hill, Massachusetts