Inerrancy

From: BibAnsMan@aol.com
Date: Tue Oct 10 1995 - 15:26:22 EDT

On 10-10-95, Bill Renner responded:

>power
>Isn't it interesting that someone who posted that the bible was "the
>inspired and inerrant word of God" would use an outside agent. How can
>you refute inerrant if you are using Greco-Roman culture to prove itis
>not inerrant.

I believe in the historical-grammatical interpretation of Scripture. The
Greco-Roman culture helps us to interpret what Scripture says. There is much
valuable information in culture, history, extra-biblical documents, etc. But
these things are to be used carefully so as to preserve the original intent
of Scripture and not foist some foreign meaning upon it.
What I am coming against is the misuse and sometimes overuse of these things.
 Many times, the context of Scripture is more than sufficient. We should not
ignore outside sources, but allow the context to rule first.

Jim McGuire