re: contacting GRAMCORD & question about WWW site

From: Paul A. Miller (pmiller@gramcord.org)
Date: Wed Oct 18 1995 - 16:22:31 EDT

GRAMCORD Institute:

1) The Institute's phone number area code has changed: (360) 576-3000. If
your local telephone PBX or long-distance provider does not yet support the
new "360" area code, please contact the appropriate party. Our fax number is
unchanged at (503) 761-0626. Mailing address: The GRAMCORD Institute, 2218
NE Brookview Dr., Vancouver, WA 98686.

2) Dr. Decker observed that we now have our own registered Internet domain
name and that our address seemed to suggest a WWW site. At present we have
only announced our address for e-mail purposes (pmiller@GRAMCORD.org) but we
soon hope to announce our new GRAMCORD Institute WWW homepage. It will
provide a number of free resources of interest to Biblical scholars. I will
post an announcement to B-Greek when the Institute site is ready.
[Incidentally, some people have looked for us on the Internet under the
domain name "GRAMCORD.com" and were unable to find us because as an academic
non-profit organization we were assigned the ".org" designation rather than
the ".com" designation reserved for commercial enterprises. Thus, we are
GRAMCORD.org]

3) As Mr. Rising observed, we have FAQ's available to Internet inquirers. To
help us efficiently process requests for information, please specify IBM or
Macintosh when contacting us.

4) To those who have asked for more information concerning the GRAMCORD
search engine, we would be happy to mail you additional literature. We
actually have three different GRAMCORD's for the Greek New Testament:
Macintosh, IBM DOS, and IBM Windows (shipping shortly). B-Greek participants
may request a free demo disk of our acCordance/GRAMCORD for the Mac system
but we have not yet released a demo version of the new GRAMCORD FOR WINDOWS
system.

5) In view of some of the recent discussions concerning Bible search
programs, all original language Bible software users would do well to read
the excellent paper which Harry Hahne presented at last year's Evangelical
Theological Conference entitled "Interpretive Implications of Using
Bible-Search Software for New Testament Grammatical Analysis." It is
available on the Internet at:

   http://www.peinet.pe.ca:2080/Chorus/Hahne/ntgram.html

Prof. Paul A. Miller (Email: pmiller@GRAMCORD.org)
The GRAMCORD Institute
2218 NE Brookview Dr., Vancouver, WA 98686, U.S.A.
  Voice (360)576-3000; FAX (503)761-0626
Computer-Assisted Biblical Language Research (IBM & MAC)