Re: Women elders and apostles

From: BibAnsMan@aol.com
Date: Tue Dec 05 1995 - 10:37:28 EST

Carl,

I too have been surprised by the emotional fire. We did deal with issues,
not flames.

I've appreciated your scholarship and continue to benefit from your
divergent views, but a common Lord and belief in certain common essentials
there can still be a Christian fellowship.

You have taken a lot of time to answer the responses to many questions here
on this group and it shows. In your previous E-Mail you said,

>I'd just like to say that I hope you and I can agree to share a common
>Christian commitment, however widely divergent forms that commitment may
>take.

I agree with the above. I believe we have some common commitment to certain
principles of exegesis and hermeneutics. Although I will have to admit that
some of your views do seem to attack the foundational understanding of
Scripture as the inerrant Word of God. This is something that does concern
me.

I really don't know that much about you. Have you published any works or
magazine articles that would give me a perspective regarding yourself? If
you have anything on E-Mail feel free to send it if you like.

As Bill Mounce would say,

XARIS,

Jim McGuire