Mi verb help

From: Kenneth Litwak (kenneth@sybase.com)
Date: Mon Jan 01 1996 - 22:33:14 EST

Dear Carl,

   I have a pedagogical question for you. I'm trying to really bone up on
MI verbs but it seems like, unless they are built on (isthmi, didwmi or tiqhmi,
there's no way to predict what they will look like. For example, ph h m i is
apparenlty somewhat common in the NT (about 50 occurences). I don't rmember
having seen this verb yet, though I probably have, but I colnd't begin to guess
what it's form are. Have you found any tips or whatever for your students
particularly helpful in these verbs which seem invented for the sole purpose of
being highly irregular (who'd have guessed dwsw would be the future of didwmi --
are all MI verbs so irregular? ). I'm not asking, can I skip learning
paradigms. I'm wondering how to predict what a given verb may look like in a
specific form. Thanks.

Blessings,

Ken Litwak