Re: New Blass-Debrunner-Funk

From: Micheal Palmer (mpalmes@email.unc.edu)
Date: Fri Jan 19 1996 - 21:03:25 EST

On Thu, 11 Jan 1996, Carl W. Conrad wrote:

> At 6:19 PM 1/11/96, DWGabbard@aol.com wrote:
> >I am a student at the Graduate Theological Union. I am trying to ascertain
> >when the new Blass-Debrunner-Funk will be available, and a colleague
> >suggested that I ask at this address. Does anybody here have any insight? I
> >appreciate your help.
>
> The answer is: NOT VERY SOON. My understanding is that SBL has appointed a
> committee to work on it; one member of that committee, Micheal Palmer, used
> to be an active participant on b-greek. If he still is, perhaps he can
> respond. . . . [CLIP]

Yes, I'm still here, but not very active. I can read the mail from the list
only about once per week!

I estimate that the new grammar will not be available for at least two
more years.

Carl's suggestion that you check the following web site is good advice.
You can get some helpful information there.

        http://www.entmp.org/HGrk/

I should point out that the grammar project has no connection with the
SBL (though it's easy to assume that this kind of project might). I have
presented papers relevant to the grammar project a few times at national
meetings of the SBL, but there is no connection. Our revision of the BDF
grammar is being done in conjunction with Westar Institute.

Micheal W. Palmer
Bluefield College