eternal

From: LNJVO@cc.newcastle.edu.au
Date: Sat Apr 20 1996 - 19:31:24 EDT

I've been rereading the messages on this topic. The Hebrew and Greek words are very much like our word "tall". We speak of a tall person, a tall building
a tall [high] mountain, etc. The accompaning noun qualifies the meaning of
tall. There are many evidences in both the OT & NT to favor this concept.
For example, the levitical priesthood was to be eternal -- as long as such
priesthood was required; Gehazi left Elisha's presence an eternal leper--as long as his life should last. The ultimate is the reference to God. I'd be interested in comments.

John Oaklands