Re: Puzzlement over the curative effects of Barr

From: Rod Decker (
Date: Fri May 10 1996 - 20:32:12 EDT

Dr. Hobbs point is well-taken--my comment was rather vague.

>It isn't clear to me quite what Rod's point is.
>ancient Israelites believed that people think with their heads? And feel love
>in their hearts? Or just how is a reading of Barr supposed to cure us of such
>(in fact commonplace) understandings of the meanings of Hebrew terminology?

My ref. to Barr has nothing to do with Dr. Hobb's comments re. the
figurative associations of thought (guts/liver/heart/brain). I was
attempting to poke a bit at the idea of Heb. being a 'right-brained
language' that requires us to think 'more intuitively and less

_/Rodney J. Decker, Asst. Prof./NT Calvary Theol. Seminary\_
_/ Kansas City, MO\_
_/As of 7/96: Baptist Bible Seminary (PA)\_