Re: A cautionary word on EHYEH/YHWH

From: wagers@iglobal.net
Date: Fri Aug 09 1996 - 01:02:21 EDT

Edward Hobbs writes on 8/8/96:

> In the flood of discussion of John 8:58, several posts have stated
> or implied something about the Hebrew of Exodus 3:14 which is not
> accurate. Hebrew YAHWEH (or, unreconstructed, YHWH) is not
> translated into Greek as EGW EIMI.

I don't know why (prions, neural noise, microstroke), but I think I
started the confusion. Thx for the correction, Edward. And the same
thx to Alan Repurk for noticing the LXX didn't jive with what I was saying.

Will Wagers "Reality is the best metaphor."

ousia: http://www.iglobal.net/pub/wagers/ousia